Here are five marketing rules to remember for a stronger and more reliable message reach.
1. Less is More: Simplify! When communicating with others, don’t confuse people with too much copy. Make your points clearly, concisely and easy to understand.
2. You Must Grab People’s Attention! If your marketing isn’t noticed, it won’t work. Use tremendous care when choosing your graphics, videos and headlines to pull people in and sends a message. Success depends on it.
3. Focus on Your Customer! Don’t write about your company, products and services. Write about how your company, products and services make people feel, helps them succeed, simplifies their lives or saves them time and money.
4. Create a Sense of Urgency! Don’t forget the importance of limiting offers, creating deadlines or pointing out the importance of acting immediately. And follow that up by telling people how and when to respond.
5. Test, Test and Re-Test! Never get caught in the set-it-and-forget-it mode. What worked today may not work (or work as well) tomorrow. What failed in one test, with a tweak or two, can be made successful in a future initiative. So, make sure to test everything!
If you think of more overlooked marketing rules, we would love to hear them!
What’s Your Marketing Challenge? Call us today and find your new partner for tomorrow.